Municipal Court

Is the Municipal Court located at the Court House?
No. The Monahans Municipal Court is located at 301 South Allen Avenue, Monahans – (432) 943-6361

Do I have to go in to your office if I received a ticket?
Unless you are paying full you will need to fill out paper work in our office.

When are you open?
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.

How much is my ticket going to cost?
The exact amount of your fine depends on the type of ticket you received. Please contact our office to find out this information.

How long do I have to pay my ticket?
You will need to appear in court on or before the due date on your ticket. At the initial appearance you may set up a payment agreement for paying your ticket if you are unable to pay the entire amount upfront.

My ticket says to appear at 8:00 in the morning, do I really have to be there at this time?
Actually, the ticket says that you promise to appear on or before the date on the ticket. So, if you come in before the set date and time you can come in anytime during normal business hours. (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) If you wait until the due date you must be here at 8:00 a.m.

Do you take credit or debit card payments?
No, our office is not set up for either of these types of payments. We accept cash, checks, or money orders only.

The officer told me I needed to talk to the judge, can I talk to her on the phone?

While the judge will make every effort to answer questions on the phone. However, a phone call does not constitute an appearance in court. This means you are still required to make an appearance in court.

What will happen when I see the judge?

You need to be prepared to turn in a plea to your charge. Guilty, no contest or not guilty. If you decide you are going to plea not guilty, then you will need to decide whether your going to want an attorney to represent you in court, or whether you will be representing your self, whether you’re going to want a jury trial or a bench trial, and have a way to put up a bond. If you decide you are going to plea guilty or no contest, then you need to be prepared to either pay your fine(or bring a down payment to start a payment agreement), or ask for defensive driving class (will be granted only if eligible), or ask for deferred disposition (this option left at the Judge’s discretion.)